Well slowly but surely we are feeling more at home. We moved into the townhouse. We have some loaner furniture....it is nothing special and is not the most comfortable but it is better than sitting on the floor. The full size bed they gave us to use, is however, as hard as sleeping on concrete. I am glad that we brought an air mattress. I have it up on the bed. Jayla is in a twin bed...she loves it. We are looking to buy her a twin bed as she was sleeping in the toddler bed when we left VA. I am turning the toddler bed back into a crib for Calli. She has been in a pack-n-play. We have internet and opted to just get the free AFN(Air Force Network) tv channels. This is like having just the local channels back in the States. We do get a couple local shows here and they are fun to watch...they look like maybe game shows.
We got Bella the other day! It was so nice to have her back home. The girls squealed with excitement! She is on in home quarantine until...well we dont know the exact date yet. This is due to all the issues with paperwork coming out here. We have duplicates of some paper work and that gives different dates. Once the vet decides what date they will use, we will get our end quarantine date. This is not really a big deal. She just has to stay at the house and be on a leash when she goes out to potty. She is allowed to go to the vet where they will check her for rabies signs once a month until the period is up. Then we can walk her and take her wherever we want....as long as dogs are allowed.
We got our unaccompanied baggage (a little over 700 lbs of stuff) this past friday. This is nothing major just some more stuff. I packed the toddler bed/crib, some kitchen stuff, my sewing machine and stuff for that, more toys, more clothes for the girls, our bikes and bike trailer. Pretty much some more odds and ends to get us until the rest of our stuff gets here. We thought we were going to have to wait until October until our things came but we found out our stuff is already here and is going to be delivered next friday. The girls are going to a in home daycare for friday while the stuff is delivered and I am probably going to see if they can go monday as well, so I can get more stuff unpacked. We get 20 hours of free care per kiddo during our move, so I am going to try to use the rest up to unpack. So exciting!! Kind of....
Ryan found out he has to go on a work trip to DC for the next two weeks. He is going with a group of co-workers here for a conference. He didn't work on anything for this conference so he tried to get the guy who did the work to go but they said nope you are the boss you get to go. It will be nice for him to go and for him to see our friends and family out there. The girls and I are bummed we cant all go but are looking forward to venture out and explore the island. Our goal is to find a park with a super long roller slide! Parks like the one in this link: http://www.okinawahai.com/2011/03/civic-center-pa.html
So this also means I get to receive the household goods alone and unpack alone. Not really a big deal though. For the delivery, you hold a clip board and check the box numbers off as they pass you and you tell them what room to put the stuff in. Then when I unpack it, I can put it where I want it...hehehe
Hope you are all doing well! Take are and talk to you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment