Monday, October 10, 2011

Oh how I miss Fall!

While being here in Japan is a wonderful experience and am grateful to have a couple of years to explore the island....I miss crisp fall air! I miss rolling hills of orange, yellow, and red. We were spoiled in Virginia with a nice long fall. It was a real season there! I know I am not alone in my longing for fall. There isnt much I can do about the temperature outside but I can make yummy fall treats and close my eyes and pretend I am sitting outside in the nice crisp air surrounded by colorful leaves.

Here are a few of my favorite treats:



  • Pumpkin Spice Lattes-  <--- not a fan, not bad just not the sweet yumminess one thinks of.... Off to try #2.....ok if you add a little carmel...it is good...just not what I am looking for. 
  • SPL try #2- The sweetness was not there with the first latte. So I tried a pumpkin spice syrup. So far the syrup is amazing...not really a full pumpkin flavor but very fall like! I cant wait to finish it and then put it in some coffee! 

  • Pumpkin Waffles

  • Pumpkin Bread


Well any homemade bread reminds me of fall....

Recently I know someone who made Pumpkin cinnamon rolls....those are on the list to make soon!

I made pumpkin waffles yesterday but failed to take a picture...guess Ill have to make them again. I have some leftover pumpkin and some really strong coffee from this morning...I think today ill make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies and a Pumpkin spice latte...Ill post pictures as soon as I am done! Check back later!

No comments: