Thursday, August 12, 2010

Changes

So, yet again I am slacking in the blogging. Since Ryan came home we have been super busy. We had a leak in our AC unit and our landlady took a while getting a bunch of estimates to fix it. Well all the while the leaking water was soaking the ceiling and one morning at an hour that no one should be up at, I awaken to a crash. After smacking Ryan and him telling me it was nothing, go back to sleep. I go rushing out to find a huge portion of our ceiling on our living room floor. The water had soaked the drywall and insulation into mush! The final size of the hole was around 8 feet by 6/7 feet. HUGE!!! So that got fixed in the nick of time. The night they painted the ceiling was the night I decided to clean the carpet after they were done and after I finished that and laid down for bed my water broke. This was around 11:45pm. We met a friend at the hospital and she took Jayla. At 0533 Calli Ann made her entrance into this world. She is now almost 5 weeks old and a very sweet baby. She is very snugly and as long as she is being held she is happy. In fact she is sleeping on me this very moment.

Jayla is a great big sister and is a huge helper. She loves doing things for Calli and me. Jayla is growing up so fast. She is so creative and loves to create all sorts of art. She can draw people. These people are circles with stick arms and legs. She makes all of her people with happy faces. She can also draw flowers. Both of these things she learned while my parents were here a couple weeks ago. Jayla had been making happy faces for a while and my dad said, how about some arms and legs, and she drew them and hasnt looked back since. My mom drew a flower and then Jay drew one and has also not stopped drawing them. We were all really impressed and with her love for drawing, painting, and coloring we are excited to see what develops in her drawings. She has a tub of paper and markers/crayons that she can access whenever she wants. She is very good at drawing only on the paper.

Other news:

Ryan and I are getting ready to head down to FL next week for a friends wedding and we are going... CHILDLESS! So many emotions come with this. I am so excited to spend time with just Ryan, to sleep, lay out in the sun, and do things without the entourage of kid things. Did I mention sleep? At the same time I am so nervous about leaving them. I know they will be fine and in good hands. My sister is going to be visiting for 2 weeks and offered to watch the girls and dogs for us. I know this is a good thing and that it is important for Ryan and I to have this break and this time together. We have not been on a trip without kids. Perhaps this will keep me sane..haha. One can wish right?!?!

Ryan is having shoulder surgery. His right shoulder, well both shoulders, have been bothering him for years and he finally is getting his pains checked out. After x-rays and MRIs on his right shoulder, we found out that the connection from his bicep to his shoulder is almost completely torn from his shoulder. If you look at a clock from the 7 to the 5 the long way around, is how much is torn from his shoulder. He is getting that fixed in October. He will have about a 6 month recovery. After he is fully recovered and functional from this surgery we are going to have his left shoulder looked at. Slowly he is going to get himself repaired from all the years of sports abuse.

I may have figured a way to keep more current on the blogging. I found out people and companies give things away for free when you do things like blog about that product or link their product to their page. Well even if I dont need lets say a new stroller, I could always sell it and use the money on diapers or other kiddo gear. So hopefully I can find some interesting things to tell you guys about and keep you posted on our crazy life.

No comments: